Consultations are for problem behaviours that cannot be dealt with through basic training alone.
Some common problems that require consultations are:
- Destructive behaviour (chewing & digging)
- Separation-related distress (howling, barking, destructive behaviour, self-mutilation or house-soiling in the owner’s absence)
- Dog-dog Aggression
- Dog-human Aggression
- Compulsive behaviours
- Generally uncontrollable behaviour
- House Training Issues
Consultations may also be helpful in preventing problems from arising in the first place and so can be arranged for the following:
- General advice on raising a puppy
- Choosing a new dog
- Helping a rescued dog to settle in
Consultations take place in your home so that I can observe your dog in its usual environment and chat to as many family members as possible. During this time I take a full history of the problem behaviour and acquire as much knowledge as possible about the dog’s daily routines. I will then briefly discuss my observations and advice with you. I try to work with the family to find the best possible solution that will work for them. After the consultation I will send you a detailed report which explains clearly how to go about resolving the problem in a step by step manner. (Behaviour Modification Programme).